The Mahindra Ford alliance to jointly develop 2 new SUVs, EV and connected car solutions; carmakers sign five MoUs.
Mahindra and Ford signed five new MoUs (Memorandum of Understanding) to further strengthen their alliance and fasten the development of key products for consumers in India and other emerging markets. The MoUs are non-binding in nature and mark an advancement made by the two companies since announcing their alliance in September 2017.
As part of the new MoUs, both the automakers will be jointly developing two new SUVs and a small EV. The next generation Mahindra XUV500 will share its platform with an all-new Ford SUV. Both the vehicles, however, will be designed uniquely. Another SUV that is under consideration is an all-new compact SUV. Meanwhile, Ford is also considering to use the Mahindra powertrains for its future models.
Along with product development and sharing of powertrains, the duo has also announced plans to co-develop a suite of connected car solutions for customers which will help people around the world to commute more safely and confidently. Teams from both the companies will continue to collaborate and work together for a period of up to 3 years, to develop further avenues of strategic co-operation such as:
* extending support for Mahindra in global markets, and
* collaborating to address future mobility needs.
Mahindra Ford Alliance
– Mahindra and Ford sign 5 MoUs to further strengthen their alliance
– To co-develop 2 new SUVs, a small EV and connected car solutions
– Alliance to leverage Ford’s global reach and expertise and Mahindra’s operating model and scale in India